20090911

Corporate Evil

Finally, I was able to quit my job of the last 5 years at an evil corporation that I will not name because they paid for my school the last 4 years; I want to give them one positive thing before I rip into corporate schemes. It feels great to be away from the corporate environment of:

1 - Being scrutinized and undermined by corporate fat cats that have no idea what my job was in the first place.
2 - Insane rules and regulations brought upon everyone as a punishment for the lack of accountability of a few.
3 - Downsizing and held raises so the fat cats can keep their overpaid wages consistent for doing nothing.
4 - The reminder that there are no other jobs out there so I have to stick with it (but not anymore!)

Major corporations are part of the problem causing the economy to stay at a slum (in my opinion at least). In many cases they are laying off and cutting budgets to the hard working employees so they can keep high wages at the corporate level. Why not get rid of a few of the slothfull corporate employees that are too less accountable to save the company in the first place? One high waged job will keep the job of 10+ others.

Scare tactics are commonly being used by corporate offices with the idea that employees will work harder in order to keep their jobs. Well, it doesn't work. The place of my employment for the last 5 years has tried to scare people since I started working there; about 6 people working there as long as I have should have been fired, while only a few have. Then there are about 10 others that have been on the verge of being fired for years. People don't care! They do still do the minimum they have to in order to keep a job, it's the American way.

I'm not saying all corporations are like this, but all the corporations I've been involved with directly or indirectly are very close. Those making 7 digits a year should sacrifice so that jobs are not lost, which will result in few jobs being taken away, which will result in our economy not going down the crap hole as fast as it is/has/will continue to do so. No it won't fix the problem, but at least it's a start.

1 comments:

Chuck September 28, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

As a current employee of this evil organization I fully agree with your point of view. though I would add that the "bare minimum" at this corporation that these fireable employees are doing would get them fired at almost any other job.