20090303

Why it's best to invest now!


I had a post before about why I like Scottrade so much. I've been watching the stock market the last few months and can't hold it in anymore...the best time to invest in the stock market is now!!! Why? Think about it for a minute. First, stocks are at the lowest since 1997. Second, stocks are so low for many companies that they are just staying at a current price. What does that mean? They will either stay at a streamline or they will go up again.

Here's an example. I invested in a copper mining company here in Utah (CPRK). They released pink sheets (high risk penny stocks) back in 2007 before they began production at their copper mill. The stocks at one point reached up to $.40 a share while the company was not even in production. These same stocks have plummeted down to less than $.01 just last month. The stock streamlined for a long time between $.01 and $.0125. Now that the copper mill has announced they will be digging in the next few weeks, they have contracts with different countries for a copper supply, and that all equipment is running as planned, the stock has gone up to $.03 a share. I have approximately 13700 shares that I bought for close to $.01. I invested $150 into the company and my account is now just under $400!

Many people think investments can be risky at this time. Yes they can if you buy and sell at a rapid rate. However, if you buy stock in a company you know will be around because they offer resources we can't live without (like fake vomit and dog poop, can't live without it) it would be safe to say you can buy some stock and keep it for a while to see it go up. It might go up and down, but overall, stocks are so low they only have a little more they can go down before they'll go back up.

First thing you want to do if you are investing is to find companies you have trust in. I heard of CPRK and knew they couldn't go much lower than $.01 per share, so I decided to buy in them knowing I'd at least get most of my money back if the worst happened. Then look at how the company is doing by reading their investment reports (Scottrade offers these reports as part of the company info page whenever you want). Check out their price graphs for the last few months, years, etc. depending on how long they have been around. Then, think about whether or not you think this company is going to continue making it in this economy. Using CPRK, copper is something used in countless products, so I think they will be mining for a while. Plus...the company I invested in hadn't even started production (I emphasize that because if they could get to $.40 without making money they should help the stocks go up if they are making money). Next, choose what company you want to trade with. Read my blog about Scottrade to see if that would work for you. I already referred 5 people and they all love the site, plust when you get referred by a current member you get free trades. (Most companies charge you per transaction, so free trades is nice when you are paying $7 per transaction)

Seriously, if you are wanting to know what to do with the money you pulled from the bank because you felt it wasn't safe, invest in a company and hold on to those shares.

0 comments: